11 Surprising Ways Caffeine Affects Your Health in a Good way
In everyday life after getting up in the morning, many of us reach for a cup of coffee to kick-start our day. Research done by International coffee organization, approximately 1.6 Billion cups of coffee is consumed every day worldwide. The main ingredient in coffee is caffeine – a compound that naturally derives from over 60 different plant sources, including coffee beans, tea leaves, cacao seeds and cola nut seeds.
Some of the potential health benefits effect of caffeine consumption is as follows: –
1. Caffeine acts as a refresher by activating the central nervous system. It can combat tiredness and improve concentration and focus.
2. Intake of caffeine will increase your memory. It improves reaction time and logical reasoning at that time when sleep is not possible or restricted.
3. Caffeine relives post workout pain by 48%. It also helps in relieving pain associated with sleep loss. Consumption of caffeine increases your stamina during exercise. Research shows that effect of caffeine can start within consumption of 15 minutes and can last up to 6 hours. Caffeine may help preventing weight gain and help in burning fat.
4. Caffeine may protect against Parkinson’s disease. Research shows that consumption of caffeine may reduce the risk of this disease and also reduce the risk in those genetically more likely to develop this condition. Caffeine may helps in preventing skin cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
5. It helps protecting the liver. It turns out that coffee may protect against cirrhosis. People who drink 4 or more cups per day have up to an 80% lower risk
6. Consumption of Coffee may lower risk of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is identifying by elevated blood sugars in the context of insulin resistance or an inability to produce insulin. Studies shows that, those who drink coffee have a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
7. Caffeine may contain essential nutrients such as vitamin B2, vitamin B5, manganese, potassium and Magnesium and Niacin. Amount of nutrients is very low but, most people are drinking more than one cup per day. If you drink 3-4, then these amounts quickly add up. Coffee contains so many nutrients such as Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin.
8. Consumption of coffee can fight depression and make you happier. Depression is a serious mental disorder and effect quality of life. Bottom line is it helps in prevention of developing depression and reduces the risk of suicide.
9. Consumption of Caffeine may lower the risk of stroke and it does not cause heart disease. Coffee can increase your blood pressure which usually decreases after sometime. Those who drink coffee do not have an increase risk of heart disease.
10. Study shows that those who drink coffee have a lower risk of premature death and may live longer.
11. Caffeine helps as antioxidants. For those who have a habit of eating western diet, drinking coffee can be a healthy aspect of their diet. Because caffeine contains ample amount of antioxidant.
Other than coffee, caffeine is generally consumed through tea, soft drinks (energy drinks) and chocolate. Caffeine is also found in prescribed or non prescribed drugs such as allergy, cold and pain tablets.