Beauty Tips for Having Great Hair and Skin
We are all blessed with our own beautiful and natural skin and hair textures, types, and colors that we can naturally bring out if we only know how to take care of ourselves properly. Attaining naturally beautiful skin and hair is easy and doesn’t cost a lot of money. Aside from investing in skin care products like Cosrx, you have to make sure your body gets the right nutrients.
Here are some face and hair care tips you need to know for having great skin and hair:
Face Care Tips
- Always remove makeup before bed. Most makeup products are loaded with toxic ingredients like artificial dyes, parabens, petrolatum, and fragrances that can clog the pores and cause acne breakouts. These harmful chemicals can also seep into the skin that impairs your skin’s cell renewal processes, leading to dull-looking skin caused by a build-up of old dead skin cells. Never go to bed without removing your makeup, and also try minimizing makeup usage or use natural, mineral-based cosmetic products instead.
- Wash, tone, and moisturize your face twice daily. Daily face washing, toning, and moisturization is the basic foundation for any skin care routine that brings the greatest payoffs over time. These three basic steps don every day, twice a day clears your face up from impurities that clog your pores, balance pH levels, and seal in moisture within your skin’s barrier that will keep your skin’s complexion clear and glowing.
Choose face care products according to your skin type (oily skin, sensitive skin, aging skin, acne-prone skin, dry skin) for a more customized and effective skin care routine with the best results and minimal costs. And most importantly, develop the discipline to stick to a skincare routine. You don’t even need to spend too much on expensive skin care items as long as you have the discipline to maintain a consistent skin care regimen, and the earlier you start, the better. Investing in a skin care routine in your 20s has far greater results than beginning it in your 30s, although it’s never too late to start one than having none at all.
- Exfoliate regularly. Regular exfoliation accelerates skin cell renewal by sloughing off dead skin cells faster and more efficiently, thus revealing newer skin which leads to a brighter, clearer, younger-looking complexion. Choose a mild exfoliator that uses natural scrubbing ingredients like sugar, clay, oats, or natural acids, and avoid exfoliators with microbeads made of plastic that can irritate skin and pollute water. Aim to exfoliate your face at least 1-2x weekly.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands. The skin on your face is delicate and can easily react to irritants that come into contact with it. We touch many things and surfaces with our hands and if we’re not careful, we may accidentally transfer dirt and harmful bacteria onto our face that can lead to skin irritation and acne breakouts. Avoid touching your face with dirty hands, and always wash your hands before touching your skin or use a tissue when you have to. Do not also let other people touch your face with dirty hands. Avoid popping your pimples and blackheads out with your hands also. Use acne-treating ointment instead or have a professional dermatologist pop your pimples and blackheads for you.
Hair Care Tips
- Choose hair care products according to your hair type. Like your face care products, your hair care products should be chosen according to your hair type for best results. There are three major hair types: straight, wavy, and curly. These hair types are then categorized into grades like A, B, and C. Hair care products are formulated in different ratios to suit various hair types. Many people do not know this and thus fail to take care of their hair properly. Avoid this mistake by educating yourself on your hair type and choose products accordingly.
- Use a natural comb. Natural combs help stimulate circulation in your hair and do not cause static, unlike plastic combs. Switch up your cheap plastic combs with a natural comb made of wood or bone and see the difference.
- Refrain from coloring or treating your hair with harsh chemicals. Most hair colorants and treatments use toxic chemicals like formaldehyde and parabens that can significantly damage your hair along with the heat that comes with the styling products. In fact, many people who color or treat their hair experience severe dryness that starts appearing after the treatment wears off, requiring them to treat it again for maintenance. It’s better to avoid trying them and go with your natural hair instead.
It’s easy to have naturally beautiful skin and hair if we have the right knowledge and skills on properly taking care of our skin and hair to bring our natural beauties out. We’ll also be less exposed to damaging chemicals in that way and minimize beauty costs by going natural.