Exploring the beauty of Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is one of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country. It is one of those cities that tourists will definitely visit when in Gujarat. Being a very well connected city, travelling to other parts of the state also becomes really easy from here.
If you are planning a trip to this city, then arrange for your stay at one of the top 5 star hotels in Ahmedabad. There are plenty of things to visit both in and around the city that come together to form the beauty of Ahmedabad. Here’s is a list of some of those places that you ought to visit when in the city:
- Gandhi Ashram: This place adds to the beauty of the entire city and is undoubtedly the most popular attraction of this place. Located in Sabarmati, the Gandhi Ashram was built by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He wanted people to be self-sufficient and produce all that they needed with their own hands. It was from here that the famous Dandi March began during the Indian Freedom movement. When you visit this ashram today you will be able to see the room where Gandhiji lived with his wife for a long period of his life. Various exhibits are also there on display, which makes the place all the more interesting.
- Kankaria Lake: Step out of one of the hotels in ahmedabad in the evening and take a stroll by the Kankaria Lake. This is the largest lake in the city and is always bustling with activities. If you visit the city during the month of December, then you should definitely catch the winter carnival that takes place here. Overall the Kankaria Lake is one of the best places to enjoy a cool breeze when in the city.
- Hussain Doshi’s Gufa: This is another unique place that adds to the beauty and increases the number of attractions in the city. It is an underground gallery, almost like a cave that provides you with a quiet refuge from all the din of the city. It was built by B.V.Doshi combined with the contributions of the famous painter M. F.Hussain. If a creative break is what you need then this is the place that you ought to visit.
- JhultaMinara: The JhultaMinara is a wonder of architecture that takes the beauty of this city to another level. Such is the architectural genius of this piece that when you shake either one of the two minaras, the other one to begins to slightly move and vibrate!
- AdalajVav: Travel about 18kms away from the city to enjoy another beauty that is located nearby. The AdalajVav or step well was built under the aegis of Queen Rudabai. This place boasts of excellent architecture and minute carvings that are worth taking a look at. The best part about this step well is that the temperature inside it always remains cool and hence and it makes an excellent respite during the summer months.
So, if you truly want to explore the beauties that Ahmedabad boasts of then make sure that you visit all the above places!