Importance of Nutrition and Tips to Eat Healthy
Who doesn’t want to be healthy and lead an active life? A healthy body leads to an excellent mental and social state too. But health has to be earned and through ways which are feasible. Two of the most crucial things which can lead to perfect health are nutrition and exercise. While most people stick to a good exercise schedule and a strict diet to maintain their weight, these two factors are also beneficial to prevent us from several diseases.
Right from the beginning, the mother is given highly nutritious food for the development of the baby by a nutritionist in India. Once the baby is born, its nutrition is of utmost priority. Lack of nutrition especially in these two phases of growth is bound to affect the health of the individual later on, usually in disastrous and irreversible ways. But many people do not give importance to a healthy diet or do not its impact on the mental, social, and physical being of the human body. Let us see the importance of a nutritious diet.
What is the importance of proper nutrition?
- A nutritious diet reduces the risk of diabetes, which is one of the most typical and dangerous diseases that affects even teenagers.
- It decreases the risk of high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and several heart diseases.
- A healthy diet lowers high blood pressure.
- Improves the body’s immune system to a great extent.
- Develops the ability of a human body to recover from illness and injuries.
- Increase the energy level
- In short, a nutritious diet improves the overall wellbeing.
What is a nutritious diet?
A nutritious diet contains a perfect balance of all the nutrients that are necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. The six major nutrients are carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water. The body cannot function smoothly with only one or two nutrients. So you cannot expect yourself to be healthy after eating food which contains only one particular nutrient. This is why every famous nutritionist in India stress on the ‘balanced’ diet. Therefore, you have to plan your meals and snacks to include all the nutrients.
How to eat healthily?
While some foods are rich in one particular nutrient, others contain many nutrients. Therefore, planning a healthy diet is not tough. Here are some tips to eating well to help the body get all its nutrients.
- Fruits: Eat plenty of fruits! Also, drinking juices id different than eating the whole fruit. You get all the benefits of natural fibres contained in the fruits only if you eat it whole.
- Vegetables: You need veggies regardless of how they taste. Eat a variety of colours and types of vegetables every day. The best way to get all its nutrients intact is by eating the vegetables in the form of a salad.
- Whole grains: Do not ignore whole grains. Most of the food we consume on a daily basis such as bread, pasta, cereals, and crackers are made from whole grains.
- Fat-free milk: While milk is crucial for people of all age groups, consuming low fat or fat-free milk is a better option. Milk provides vitamin D and calcium to keep the bones strong.
- Lean meat: Lean cuts of meat and poultry have lesser calories and fat. But, they are a good source of protein.
Apart from all these, India top nutritionists recommend replacing meats and poultry with other sources of protein such as tofu, beans, and fish. If you still have difficulty with planning your diet or want it supervised under a controlled environment, consult a nutritionist.