Is Usage of Free VPN for Netflix Legal?
Netflix is now prohibiting the use of proxy servers from 2016 onwards, and while you are trying to access the site through it, the message is shown like “You are using proxy or unblocker.” For VPN users, it is a very frustrating thing. Many people are not actually using a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction. They may just want to be safe on internet use.
Does Netflix hate VPN users?
Netflix actually seems to be so adamant on not allowing the proxy or VPN users to bypass the bypass their geo-restrictions. Netflix has many licensing deals also, and when people bypass such deals, it may not naturally sound good for the provider. If you are in Canada or Australia, you may get the basic versions of Netflix, as these countries, to a large extent, have limited libraries when compared to that of United States. In order to access a better Netflix version, a proxy is mandatory.
Is it legal to use a VPN for Netflix?
Using a free VPN for Netflix is legal. It not illegal to have a VPN unless you are in Russia or China, which are countries where VPN usage is banned. Even in those countries with restricted VPN usage, some VPNs are allowed.
The bottom line is Netflix may not want the users to access Netflix through any VPN, but it’s always the choice of the user. It is not illegal to use a VPN for even torrenting, but the actual illegal thing to do is to download any illegal content. With Netflix, a VPN is not illegal in both of these parts.
Free VPN for China
Another big discussion is about the usage of VPNs in China to work with Netflix and other streaming platforms. However, not all available VPNs have the capacity to get around the blockages, but there are a few like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PrivateVPN, CyberGhost, Hotspot Shield, etc in China to bypass the restrictions. All these offer free trials also, and money back guarantees with premium access, which you can make use of.
While choosing one, we have to compare the features like bandwidth, speed, and security, etc. to ensure that we are availing the best possible VPN services for a secure and smooth Netflix experience in China.
VPNs for China
- ExpressVPN: It is the top option to Chinese users in order to unblock the sites from other countries and get it done at a faster speed.
- VyprVPN: Follows “Chameleon” protocol, which helps access to larger content and also helps to hide connections.
- Astrill: Known for its fastest proxy; however, had some issues in the past.
- NordVPN: It has a bigger selection of servers in various countries and also features an obfuscation mode.
- Buffered: Plenty of custom applications and dedicated customer support.
- Torguard: This features many VPN apps with an additional proxy layer which can bypass China’s Great Firewall.
- PandaPow: A compact VPN provider for China use with many basic apps available.
- Tunnelbear: One of the best among the free VPNs for China. The bandwidth limit is 500 MB for the free version.
- DIY: If you identify yourself as a tech-savvy person, then you can try your own personal VPN proxy on any server.
One important measure to take is to set up you best free VPN for China before entering the country as many of the VPN Company sites itself are blocked in China.