All you need to know about WBJEE 2018
WBJEE also known as West Bengal joint entrance examination is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. The board was established in the year 1962. The main purpose of the board was to hold the common entrance examinations for admitting the undergraduate level engineering courses in West Bengal.
It is the duty of the board to select the competent students for the enhancement of the transparency and achievement of the goals while conducting the examination for various professional under graduate and post graduate level courses in the state with the effective art of technology. The exam is conducted for the admitting the students to the undergraduate courses in engineering and technology, architecture and pharmacy in universities, states and self financed institutes in West Bengal. WBJEE exam 2018 will be held on 22nd April, 2018.
It is essential for the candidates to fulfill the eligibility criteria set up by the authority in order to appear for the examination. Some of the conditions for the same are listed below-
- The nationality should be Indian. The candidate who is appearing for the examination must be a citizen of India.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years as on 31/12/2018.
- The candidates who are born after 01/01/2002 are not eligible to sit in the examination because such age limit is not preferred. However there is no upper limit for appearing in the examination. For the marine engineering course, the upper limit is set to 25 years.
- It is essential for the candidate to have passed the 12th or equivalent examination from the recognized board or university.
- It is also essential for the candidates to have passed in the subjects such as physics, mathematics, and biology/biotechnology/computer/science/computer application as one of the compulsory subjects to apply for the engineering courses.
- The candidates are required to score at least 45% marks in case of the general candidates and 40% marks in case of the reserved category candidates for qualifying the eligibility criteria of the examination. The candidates must have passed English with at least 30% marks in English.
- The candidates who are studying in the 12th standard can also apply for the examination.
The advertisement for the examination was available on the official website on 18th November 2017. The online registration will start from 19th December 2017. The last date to fill the application form is 19th January 2018. The print confirmation for the application form is 24th January 2018. The correction window will be available from 26th January to 28th January. The admit card will be available on 10th April 2018. The examination will be held on 22nd April, 2018.
How to apply for the examination
The candidates need to visit the official website for filling the online application form. The registration process will be complete, once the details are filled by the students accurately and timely. The personal details must be valid. The identity proof must be valid as well. The password and the security answer have to be chosen by the candidate. The application must be reviewed if any changes are required. After the submission of the application form, no changes can be performed. The scanned images of passport size photographs and the identity proofs must be uploaded keeping in mind the dimensions mentioned in the advertisement. The printout of the application form should be taken out for future references. The documents which are to be attached in the application form are as follows-
- Latest colored passport size photographs
- Left hand thumb impression
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of class 10th
- PWD Certificate
The application fee is 500INR along with the bank charges. The candidates can also make payment offline through the e-challan of the Allahabad bank and online through the debit, credit cards or net banking facilities.
The exam will be held offline in the OMR pattern. The students need to take care of the pattern before appearing for the examination. The total marks for the examination is 200. There will be multiple choice questions and the answering mode will be through a ball point black or blue pen. There will be three subjects based on the combinations opted by the candidate namely- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There are around 155 questions in the examination which has to be attempted in order to score good in the examination. There will be no negative marking as such. In paper 1, there will around 50 questions in the mathematics section of one mark each and the physics section comprises of 30 questions of one mark each. Paper 2 will consist of 30 questions of one mark each.
It is one of the most prominent engineering exams at state and country level.