NEET Counseling 2017 is going MBBS BDS Admission in India
NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test which was held for students who want to pursue their career in Medical Field of MBBS or BDS declared its result on 23 June 2017. The national entrance test was given by more than 10 lack candidates out of which a slight more than 6 lack candidates were short-listed for getting admission into 470 Medical and 307 Dental Colleges.
Soon after the declaration of result, CBSE announced the counseling schedule for getting admission into Colleges. It was declared that NEET will start its counseling process from 3 July 2017 for admission into 15% of All India Quota Seats for MBBS and BDS. The counseling will be conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of the Director General of Health Services (DGHS). The counseling would be done for approximately 13000 MBBS and BDS seats only which account for 15% seats of All India Quota. State Council/Government will form a counseling body which will then conduct separate two round counseling process for seats of Central Universities belonging to State Quota, Private Institutions in that state, Deemed Universities, and the seats belonging to All India Quota of that state which was left vacant after the NEET Counseling 2017 rounds conducted by MCC.
All India Counseling for 15% seats ended on 16 August 2017, after which the seats that will be left vacant will be transferred to the state in which that seat belong.
Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana did not participate in the central pool of All India Seats Quota and therefore the seats from colleges belonging to these states did not participate in counseling for admission under All India Quota Seats which also means that 100% seats will be available for counseling for the state. For easy allotment seats in state quota, CBSE will prepared and forwarded a state merit list for each State and Union Territory (UT) to respective states. CBSE also be prepared a merit list for participating medical colleges and forward it to concerned medical colleges for counselling process.
The Counseling Schedule as announced by the CBSE is:
- Registration, Choice Filling Process and Marking of Indicative Seats took place from 3rd July 2017 to 11th July 2017 till 5 PM only. (Choice Filling process started from 5th July 2017.)
- After the process of registration, choice filling and locking process had to be completed by 12 July 2017 till 5 PM only.
- The Seat Allotment process (Round 1) will began on 13th July and will continue till 14th July 2017. Result of which will be announced on 15th July 2017.
- The process of Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College will began on 16th July and will continue till 22nd July 2017 till 5 PM only.
- Exercising of choices and re locking process for counseling round 2 will began on 1st August and will Continue till 4th August 2017 till 5 PM only.
- After the choice filling and locking Process, seat allotments will take place from 5th August 2017 to 7th August 2017. Result for which will be announced on 8th August 2017.
- Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College after result of Round 2 Counseling will take place from 9th August to 16 August 2017
After which the vacant seats will be transferred to respective states.