Ranikhet: Exploring the Queen’s Meadows
Are you thinking about planning a trip to Ranikhet sometime soon? Do you want to make sure that you have a lovely time exploring the Queen’s meadows? Well then you need to have a clear idea about the places that you should visit when in this quaint little hill station.
Will this be your first trip to this hill station in Uttaranchal? Well then you need to know which are the places to visit in ranikhet! Here’s a brief list of some of the places that you should visit when in Ranikhet-
- The Chaubatia Gardens: This is the star attraction of Ranikhet and you must head out to this place in the morning. The Chaubatia Gardens is basically a fruit orchard with different type of fruits like apples, peaches, apricots and organs growing here. The most beautiful thing about this orchard is the view that you get from here. The range of the surrounding snow-capped hills is visible quite clearly from here and hence you will be able to witness both the stunning beauty of the hills as well the orchard!
- The Jhula Devi temple: Ranikhet is quite well known for its temples, of which, this one is definitely the most celebrated one. Dedicated to Goddess Jhula Devi, it is believed that this local deity used to protect the people of this region from the attack of animals during the bygone days. It is believed to be a coveted place of worship for the Hindus.
- The Upat Golf course: It cannot be that you visit Ranikhet and you do not visit the Upat Golf course. You can call it one of the most interesting attractions of this place. Book a car from any one of the hotels in ranikhet uttarakhand and head out a few kilometres away from the main area of the town and you will come across this golf course. The most interesting part about this golf course is that it the highest one in Asia! This is one of those places that you have to visit when you decide to go on a trip to Ranikhet.
- The Bhalu Dam: If you are interested in enjoying serenity by the side of a water body then you should definitely pay a visit to the Bhalu Dam. It is located just a few kilometres downhill from the Chaubatia Gardens. This dam is basically an artificial lake which is surrounded by trees and a dense forest. They lend a beautiful touch to the entire setting and hence one can truly revel in the beauty of nature when here.
- Majkhali: Located about 13kms away from Ranikhet, this little village is stunning. You will get to see the famous Nanda Devi peak and Trishul from this village. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains on all sides, Majkhali is the perfect place to enjoy a lovely sunrise or plan for a picnic. You can hire a car and travel to this village, near Ranikhet.
With so many lovely places to explore, Ranikhet is a nature lover’s paradise. If you are one, then a plan a trip to this hill station today!