Tantalize your Taste Buds with Turkey Dishes
Turkey is best known during Thanksgiving when it is endlessly served by most households in the United States. Its unique meaty flavor is a favorite complement for wines, which is why chefs find it fun yet challenging to concoct Turkey dishes for restaurants and hotels.
Most home cooks do not need to wait for Thanksgiving or visit the restaurants to get a taste of Turkey. Here are turkey recipes that are perfect for home cooking.
Turkey Veggie Sandwich
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup lite cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 4 small leaves Romaine Lettuce
- ½ pund sliced Butterball Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, sliced
- Prepare the slices of bread and spread at least 1 tablespoon of lite cream cheese evenly on them.
- Each bread should have the following layers: 4 cucumber slices, 6 radish slices and 2 tablespoons carrots. Put a small-sized leaf lettuce on top and at least 2 ounces of Buterball sliced turkey.
- Put another slice of bread on top.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich into halves.
Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Rosemary
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 turkey tenderloins
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ juiced lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ lemon, zested
- 2 tabslespoons balsamic vinegar
Additional materials: large plastic (resealable), grill, brush
- Prepare the plastic bag and add the following: green onions, orange juice, olive oil, chopped rosemary, balsamic vinegar, zested lemon, juiced lemon, honey and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well inside. This will serve as the marinade for the turkey tenderloins.
- Put the tenderloins in the bag and seal it along with the marinade. Shake the contents well.
- After mixing, leave the turkey in the marinade bag for 1 hour at maximum.
- Prepare the grill and turn it on medium heat.
- Get the turkey inside the bag and place it on the heated grill.
- Grill the first side for at least 5 minutes, then reverse the tenderloins to grill the other side. It would take at least 3 – 5 minutes.
- Dip a brush made for sauces in the marinade and coat the turkey tenderloins evenly.
- This dish can be divided into 4 servings.
All-American Turkey Potpie
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 3 – 4 tablespoons for water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
For the filling:
- 1 cup peeled potates, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup onion
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 – ½ cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all- purpose flour
- Mix flour and salt using a food processor. Let it pulse to blend. In the mixture, include cheese and pulse again to develop fine crumbs.
- Butter and shortening should be added to form coarse crumbs from the mixture.
- Pour water carefully into the mixture while processing. Keep the water coming until the dough can be formed into a ball.
- Make two balls with the dough, one larger than the other. Use plastic wrap to cover the two dough balls. 30 minutes of refrigeration are required
- While waiting, prepare a saucepan and get started with the filling. 5 minutes are needed to saute the following in butter: celery, carrots, potatoes and onions. After this, include garlic in the mix and cook for another minute.
- Cook the vegetables into the broth for at least 10 minutes until the ingredients are tender.
- Mix flour and milk. Pour this into the vegetables in the saucepan. Boil and cook the mixture for 2 minutes, or wait for it to thicken.
- Stir the mixture and gradually add the remaining items in the filling ingredients. 5 minutes of simmering is needed.
- Retrieve the larger dough ball and knead it to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Trim the dough and pour the hot turkey mixture in the crust. Get the smaller ball and roll it on top of the mixture to cover the pie.
- Seal the edges. Flute if necessary.
- Make decorative cutouts if you have specialized cutters for pies.
- Put the pie plate in the oven and bake at 350 degreesCelsius. A total of 35 – 40 minutes is needed to get the right golden brown crusting.
Turkey recipes should be enjoyed by anyone at anytime they want. There are hundreds of Turkey recipes online that can be done for daily cooking, and are proven easy enough for starting cooks.
Linda Rosario, a food enthusiast from Chef Needs “The Kitchen that Every Restaurant Needs” for these great recipes. Linda also loves arts and crafts and works as a pre-school teacher