The Beauty Trick You Should Never Skip
My mother used to force me to wash my face every night just before I go to sleep. I didn’t know how important it was until I reached puberty, and I started to have pimples.
Beauty experts will agree that the secret to flawless skin is an excellent skin care routine. Celebrities invest in regular facial treatments, high-end facial cleaning products, and other different beauty products just to achieve blemish-free skin.
You might not have the resources to imitate the beauty routine of your favorite star, but you can start with the most basic skin care step: cleansing your face.
The Importance of Cleansing
Picture this. You apply different products on your face before you waltz out of your door each morning. You pile on foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, and all those makeup products that you regularly use. As soon as you’re out of the house, you’re greeted with a puff of smoke.
At your office, you notice that your officemate has dirty hands. She answers the phone, and hands it to you. As you talk on the phone, you absentmindedly cup your chin. Notice a pattern here?
As the day passes by, a lot of impurities settle on your skin. These impurities may cause various skin problems that I am sure you would want to avoid.
Cleansing is very beneficial to your skin. Ultimately, regular cleansing will help you maintain clear and healthy skin.
So, what if you skipped cleansing daily? Skipping cleansing causes the pores to become clogged, which in turn causes acne problems. You will also experience redness and irritation, because your skin doesn’t get proper hydration. Your skin will appear oily and your skin will age faster than you would want it to!
How to Cleanse the Skin Properly
Before you start building your personal skin care routine, you must prepare the items you need first. You can invest in facial cleaning products that can be found online. You also need to find a cleanser that works for your skin type.
Here are some key points that you need to remember:
- Avoid hot water when cleansing. Hot water dries the skin. I usually use tepid water to wash my face to avoid irritation.
- Use a facial scrub. Occasionally, you can use a facial scrub to exfoliate your skin gently. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that make your skin look dull and gray. Pro tip: use a mixture of honey and sugar as a natural exfoliant.
- Consider your skin type when choosing skin care products. The wrong skin care product will only aggravate skin conditions, so read the labels carefully.
- Work a nice lather. You need to cleanse your skin for around thirty seconds to effectively remove dirt buildup.
- Rinse well. Excess soap will lead to itchiness, and will only cause more problems. Make sure to rinse your face properly.
- Pat, not wipe. Wiping a towel across your face may irritate the skin, so its best to dry your face with patting motions.
Cleansing is a crucial step to achieving healthy skin. To make the most out of cleansing, I recommend that you invest in facial cleaning products that will help you do this step more effectively.
For best results, follow your skin care routine regularly to achieve smooth and blemish-free skin.