Some Uncommon Recipes of Lady’s Finger
Unfortunately, many people don’t like the taste of lady’s finger (bhindi) as most of the kitchens can’t see beyond the regular bhindi curry. In the culinary space, it is one of the most underrated veggies as the lack of the experimentation with it. The vegetable is associated with various health benefits as well as it is also readily available. As per the belief, it is rich in dietary fibre, Vitamin A, C and K, antioxidants, iron, folates, zinc, magnesium, beta-carotene, calcium, potassium, and phytonutrients. Lady’s finger is featured with a sticky content that is also a big reason that many people don’t like it as well as refrain from using it in cooking. But, actually, it is good for health as it is known to ease the bowel function and constipation.
Lady’s finger is a wonderful ingredient with which you can prepare a variety of sensational and finger-licking dishes. Just you need to add a little creativity. The ladys finger fry recipe is one of the most common recipes that are sometimes also known as crispy bhindi. It can be served as a delicious snack or a side dish. Apart from the daily recipes, some uncommon dishes of ladies finger are as follows:
- Bhindi ka Salan: It is a delicious dish in which the crispy fried lady’s fingers are poured in creamy and yogurt based gravy. In a nutshell, it is a burst of flavour.
- Bendekaayi Gojju: It is a South Indian specialty that is originated from the local kitchens of Karnataka. This recipe is associated with a sweet and spicy balance of ladies finger, jaggery, and tamarind along with the aroma of mustard seeds and coconut.
- Bhindiwala Meat: It is an interesting twist to the regular meat curry where Lady’s finger is cooked with tender meat pieces and desi masalas.
- Classic Bhindi Bites: It is a kind of fusion food. The recipe is an extraordinary mix of lady’s finger and zucchini. It is served with toasted French bread with a twist of zingy fig chutney.
- Crispy Andhra Bhindi: This dish is crisp and comforting. The beautiful pieces of lady’s fingers are fried with some common spices as well as a mouth-watering twist of coconut, mustard seeds, and Bengal gram. This particular recipe belongs to Andhra Pradesh and it gets ready in a less time.
- Minted Chickpeas and Crispy Okra: Boiled chickpeas are mixed with pomegranate, cherry tomatoes, herbs as well as spices. It finishes with crispy lady’s finger atop.
- Bharwan Bhindi: It is a very delicious dish. Delicious, finger-licking, and aromatic masala stuffed lady’s fingers are lightly fried and served.
- Vendakkaya Curry (Bhindi Curry): This is a simple and light curry as well as easy to make and hassle-free. The lady’s fingers are cooked in gravy that is made with green chillies, yogurt, curry leaves, and a touch of other spices.
- Bendakaya Pulusu (Okra in Tamarind Gravy): It is a popular dish of Andhra Pradesh. In this recipe, lady’s fingers are fried with mustard seeds and soaked in tamarind sauce as well as cooked to perfection.
So, now you don’t need to limit yourself on the simple lady’s finger curry or lady finger fry, with these above recipes, you can create magic with our regular vegetable, lady’s finger.