How to Set Up a Linksys Range Extender
Linksys wireless range extender takes the live and active internet connections from an access point or a router and rebroadcasts it to create a safe and secure home network. So, add ‘Linksys’ extender to your existing home network and increase the accessibility and range of it to the far corners (backyard) of the house. Linksys Extender Setup only works by receiving the live wireless signals coming out of the main router. So, in that case, you have to place your router openly in a clean an airy room.
Linksys.com: Linksys Setup Extender
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your range extender and the computer.
- Launch a web browser and type extender.linksys.com into the URL bar. Do not get worried or tensed if the mentioned web address doesn’t allow you for Linksys Extender Login. Just type the default IP address of your range extender and proceed further.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Once done with the entire process successfully, hit ‘enter’.
- Now, log into the setup page of your range extender. After that, what you have to do, enter the name of your range extender onto the ‘Name’ field.
- Insert the SSID number you received from the access point or router into the field of ‘network name’ (SSID).
- Moving forward, go to the ‘drop-down’ menu situated next to the channel and consider choosing the similar channel number that is been used by your ‘router’ or the ‘access point’.
- Once done, click ‘Save’. After that, what you have to do set up the same security settings on the ‘security’ page for your Linksys range extender same as you have on your existing wireless network.
- In case, the network is ‘security protected’ hit the icon ‘save settings’.
Note: Ask our tech support team for default login details and credentials on 1-844-726-2255 (toll-free).
How to Install a Linksys Wireless USB on MAC
It may interest you to know that a ‘Linksys wireless USB adapter’ can be used to add a safe and secure wireless capability to a MAC that doesn’t have an Airport card installed or to a MAC that as a ‘malfunctioning’ Airport card. Also, a Linksys wireless USB adapter provides access to 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n networks that have been depending upon the type of WiFi or wireless adapter you are currently using.
Note: Compatible to 802.11b hotspot, all the 802.11 adapters are backward. Moreover, call our tech support team for information regarding the same and range extender.linksys.
- For its setup, plug the Linksys wireless USB adapter into an open USB port.
- After that, open the network system preference pane in order to see, whether the Linksys adapter has automatically been recognized by your ‘new network port’ or not.
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘plus’ button in the lower-left window.
Note: The wireless adapter supposed to be appeared as ‘network port option’.
- On the other hand, add the ‘Linksys’ adapter as an ‘active’ internet connection by clicking on the adapter and clicking on ‘Create’.
- Click the ‘Linksys adapter’ in the left side of your window screen. After that, status information for the adapter will appear immediately in the ‘right-side’ of the ‘window’ screen. You will see that your wireless adapter will automatically find the list of available WiFi network active in your area. Now, what you have to do select the network from the ‘network name’ that belongs to you from the ‘drop-down’ menu. The network name would be something like Linksys extender setup-xxx.
- Last but not the least; configure your wireless connection, by simply clicking on the ‘advanced’ button. Remember, most of the wireless networks automatically connect with your wireless adapter and securely configure your existing network connection.
If you have any queries left, don’t hesitate by contacting us any time of the day or night. We are always there to help you. It will be a big honor for us.