Vegan Vanilla Cake
Do you have a special occasion? Are you looking to impress your visitors with a delicious and fluffy vegan cake? Then, this is the ideal time to learn how to bake a gorgeous and tasty cake that will leave everyone licking fingers. Our recipe is well-balanced and tested to ensure it delivers a realistic level of moistness. The recipe is pretty simple and you will have a lot of fun making the cake.
When the baking is over and the decoration is done, you will have a gorgeous vanilla cake. This will be one of the tastiest cake you have ever baked. The cake will give you a vanilla heaven, thanks to the vanilla flavor that comes through perfectly and the vanilla frosting.
The following are some of the things you should know when baking this cake. They will help you deliver better results and preserve the cake perfectly.
- The recipe is for a small cake if you want to bake a bigger one double or triple the recipe.
- For the recipe use a cake pan that is 7 inches round.
- We have used strawberries for decoration. This is perfect when the cake is to be served minutes after placing the strawberries. If you want to preserve the cake for longer use another decoration. You can also opt to add strawberry slices, to individual cake pieces when serving.
- Ensure you accurately weigh the flour, use a food scale it ensures accuracy even for tricky measurements.
Time: 45-60 minutes | servings: 5 | cuisine: vegan | recipe type: baking
220g all-purpose flour 240ml soy milk
200g sugar 2tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder 80ml olive oil
1/2 Tsp. salt 1 tsp. white vinegar
450g powdered sugar
3tsp vegan butter For Decoration
4tsp soy milk Fresh strawberries
2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 1800C or 3500F
- Sieve the all-purpose flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix with sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together all the other cake ingredient and stir till they are finely incorporated.
- Combine the two mixtures, whisk them together until well incorporated. NB: do not over mix them.
- Using a coconut oil spray grease the 7” round cake pans, divide the prepared batter evenly between the pans.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Using a toothpick check whether the cake is ready. Insert the toothpick into the cake, if it comes out clean then, it’s ready.
- Cool down the baked cake by placing it on a cooling rack.
Preparing the vanilla frosting
- Add all the vanilla frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer mix the ingredients until they are finely combined and creamy. The best way is to start on low speed and slowly increasing the speed of the mixer until you achieve the desired results.
- If you don’t achieve the desired thickness you can adjust it by adding soy milk if a little thicker or powdered sugar if it’s thin. The frosting should be consistently thick so that it’s easily spreadable on the cake and doesn’t slide off.
- Draw your completely cool cake from the rack, add the frosting on top of one cake layer.
- Frost the cake completely by adding the second layer, using a knife frost the side of your cake. Repeat the procedure to all your cakes until they are gorgeously frosted.
- Top the frosting with fresh strawberries and serve right away.
- If you are not to serve the cake right away there is no need of decorating with the strawberries.
The nutrition information about this cake is done for each of the 10 servings, with the vanilla frosting.
- Number of calories: 441
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Fats: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Sodium: 290mg
- Sugar: 65g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
It’s easy to see why all your visitors will be enamored of this cake. It’s easy and simple to make but the results are excellent and special. Of you have any special occasion like a birthday don’t hesitate to borrow from this super recipe. Al the ingredients used are easily available and therefore making it will be an interesting affair. You can also you can put it in refrigerator and use it later.
Kanisha is the founder and writer of FortunateKitchen, a blog about everything food related from the basics of food preparation to learning how to make exquisite dishes. Kanisha is a self-taught chef with a curiosity and passion for food blogging. She is on a mission to educate and teach her readers one recipe and kitchen technique at a time, all while she balances her own hectic life as a mom