How And Where To Fill AIBE 2020 Application Forms?
About the AIBE
The All India Bar Examination is a national-level open book examination that is conducted every year to test the knowledge and aptitude of advocates. It is necessary to clear this examination to hold a ‘Certificate of Practice’ to practice law as a profession. Advocates who hold provisional enrollment and new law school graduates are usually the people who take this exam.
Some important details
- AIBE is an exam that is held twice a year.
- It only has an offline pen and paper mode of examination
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours 30 minutes.
- To clear AIBE, candidates should obtain 40 per cent marks if they belong to General or Other Backward Class (OBC) category and 35 per cent marks if they belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Candidates must hold a three year OR five year degree in LLB to become eligible to take the exam.
- Candidates must be enrolled as an ‘advocate’ in their respective State Bar Council as mandated under Section 24 (1) (f) of Advocates Act, 1961.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for the candidates.
AIBE 2020 will be held on 2 dates in 2020. The tentative dates announced are as follows:
- Last date of online registration – Last week of February 2020
- Last date for payment – Last week of February 2020
- Last date for form completion – Last week of February 2020
- Admit card release – Last week of February 2020
- Exam date – March or April 2020
- Final Answer key release – March or April 2020
- Declaration of Result – March or April 2020
- Last date of online registration – 2nd week of December 2020
- Last date for payment – 2nd week of December 2020
- Last date for form completion – 2nd week of December 2020
- Admit card release – 3rd week of December 2020
- Exam date – Last week of December 2020
- Final Answer key release – Last week of December 2020
- Declaration of Result – 1st week of January 2021
The exam centres of the AIBE 2020 are located in cities like Dehradun, Rudrapur, Indore, Bhopal, Patna, Ranchi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Bokaro, Raipur, Nagpur, Bilaspur, Nanded, Pune, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kochi, Noida, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Chennai, Chandigarh, Rajkot, Surat, Delhi, Gurgaon, Shimla, Jammu, Shillong, Amritsar and Agartala etc.
The application process with detailed step-by-step instructions
The official website for AIBE is http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/
Step 1: Before you start to register, keep these documents handy with you:
- Your advocate ID (the State Bar Council issues this)
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Scanned photo & signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Step 2: Click the Register here button at http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/
Step 3: Fill the form on the website, upload your documents. Once that is completed, press Save on the last page. Now, your Registration Number and Password is generated and will be sent to your mobile and e-mail ID. Enter the Enrollment number you possess and the State Code as present in your Certificate of Enrollment.
Step 4: Registration number & password will be sent to your registered email ID.
Step 5: Click the Login Here button at http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/
Step 6: Enter the Registration Number and Password you have been given and press Login.
Step 7: Your registration details should be visible now. After verification, click on Print Challan.
Step 8: After this, take a printout of the challan (Ctrl+P).
Step 9: Go to any branch of SBI after 24 hours of registration in order to make the payment. Make sure you have the printout of the challan with you. (The mode of payment allowed is SBI Bank Challan only. Application fee is non-refundable under any and all circumstances.)
Note: Candidates can check the application fee for AIBE 2020 exam:
- General/OBC candidates – Rs. 3560/-
- SC/ST candidates – Rs. 2560/-
Step 10: Make the payment in the bank. Retain a sealed and signed Candidate copy of challan with you.
Step 11: Login again into your account using the same registration number and password (after 24 hrs of making the payment in the bank)
Step 12: You will see your registration details again. Now, click on the Upload Challan and Details button.
Step 13: Upload your challan and enter the journal number, branch code and date of challan from your challan copy. Click the submit button.
Step 14: Go back and click on the Application Form button. Get a printed copy of it for your reference.
Step 15: Check your details, photograph and signature on the application form. If there is any error or if the form is incomplete, kindly contact one of the helpline numbers or send your query via email.
- Helpline numbers: 011-49225022/23
Email id: [email protected]